Monday, December 01, 2008

Top Political Quotes 2008

• Mike Huckabee, on what squirrel tastes like: “It tastes like squirrel.”

• John Edwards on cheating on Elizabeth Edwards: “Can I explain to you what happened? First of all it happened during a period after she was in remission from cancer.”

• Nancy Pelosi: “I have always loved longitude. I love latitude; it’s in the stars. But longitude, it’s about time. … Time and clocks and all the rest of that have always been a fascination for me.”

• President Bush, meeting with President Arroyo of the Philippines: “I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the — of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House.”

• Barack Obama: “Can you imagine if you had your Social Security invested in the stock market these last two weeks? These last two months? You wouldn’t need Social Security. You’d be having a – you know like, what was it. ‘Sanford and Son,’ ‘I’m coming Weezie.’ It ain’t right.”

• John McCain: “We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies.”

• Chris Matthews: “It’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often.”

No comments: