Sunday, December 11, 2005

For those in Pain


Those who know me, know where this is going already. I don't remember exactly the first time I had Excedrin. I do recall when I became a fan. It's been about 10 years ago I discovered how fantastic a drug Excedrin is. No matter what the pain is, headache, feet, teeth, muscles - Excedrin is there at the ready. Excedrin always. Caplets not round pills. If I were to go on Survivor and could take one thing, Excedrin would be my luxury item. It's always there, ready to satisfy my pain management needs. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy prescription meds as much as the next guy, but when it comes to OTC, Excedrin is the way to go. Excedrin contains what I call the BIG THREE. Aspirin, Anticetimenophen & caffeine. Whoa. I get tingly just thinking about it. Two big pain killers and a blast of caffeine to kick me in the butt. Only thing that would make it better is aspartame, so I could chew them up and eat them like candy. (See below for my affection to aspartame.) I'm basically a 100 count bottle man, but once, bought the huge 500 count bottle at Sams. I suppose this is the same bottle the Army uses. Often I feel like I have enough pain to equal the Army - maybe a division, but I simply enjoy the process of buying it too much to take away that moment in the store when I grab the box and throw it in the cart. Excedrin recently did away with the cotton stuffing in the bottle. This only increased my love of the product. They instinctively knew when I needed my Excedrin, I wanted to save as much time as possible, and they saved me 10 seconds easily. That's 10 extra seconds added onto my life for each bottle I buy, and over the course of a lifetime, that means Excedrin has given me two extra weeks to spend with my family. Look for me to be the national spokesperson for Excedrin - any day - I'd accept the job gratis.

No comments: