Thursday, December 22, 2005

The reason for the season

I will not go on a religious rant. I'll attend a Christmas Eve church service with my wife & kids. That's what it's all about isn't it? Kids. No matter how old they are - it's still all about them. Sure, it's fun when they're little. It's a blast when they're little - but they grow too quickly. Soon, they're old enough to be parents themselves. In a parents mind, kids are always kids. Mine are grown - and I look at them like they're 6. I know that was a long time ago - but allow me the memory. My kids are scattered - so they're coming to see me on Christmas. This is in my opinion the best indication I did something right raising them. They wanna see Dad on Christmas. Christmas morning we'll gather around the tree and open presents. Kids - all of them - but now with girlfriends, boyfriends & even a wife in tow. In my mind they'll all be 6 years old. They don't know it - but they will. Then soon afterwards I'm gonna do what you oughta do too. I'm going to see my parents. You see, they raised me right too - but at their house - I'm the 6 year old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAAHHH!! boo hoo uhu uhuh huh hhhhh WAAAHH!! boo hoo! boo hoo hoo hoo boo WAAHHH hooo WAHHHH!!!!
Boo hoo hoo *sniff* *sniff* boo *sniff* hoo *sniff sniff sniff* uh hah hah
WAAAAHHHH!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is pretty sweet. I wish you were my Dad.

Anonymous said...

You're one in a million, dad. I'll see you tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day. :)